What we do
ACC provides comprehensive, no-fault personal injury cover for all New Zealand residents and visitors to New Zealand. This means anybody injured in New Zealand can apply for our support, no matter how they got injured, or whose fault it was.
You can find out more about us by visiting our website.
How to create an app for your user
These are the key things you'll need to do to create your app:
- Register for an account
- Explore the documentation
- Create a compliance app
- Complete the integration requirements
- Request production access and create a production app
Register for an account to set up an app
You'll need to register to access our secure content and receive updates by email. Once registered you'll be able to create an app and receive an API key to test against the compliance environment.
Register for an account to set up an APP
Explore the documentation
Our documentation will let you know:
- the API products to use in your own applications
- the technical documentation to find out how they operate
- how to make a test submission to view response messages
- the endpoints to use
- the schema
- the authentication requirements for the API.
Our APIs holds all the documentation to explore for our current API offerings.
Future APIs shows some indicative examples of what our future API offerings could be.
Create a compliance app
After you've registered and received your login, you can create your compliance app by:
- Going to the 'MyApps' page.
- Selecting 'Add a new App'.
- Completing the mandatory fields.
- Selecting the API that you want to use.
- Selecting 'Create App'.
You'll now see your App which will be automatically approved to use the selected compliance API. (Some Apps may require further steps to access the compliance API. These details are under each API's requirements)
Click the name of your App to see:
You'll need to fully test your app against our compliance environment. The compliance environment is a production like environment designed for testing purposes. The API key you're issued when you created your app will only give access to the compliance environment, so you don't need to worry about sending dummy data to production. If you require any help please contact support:
Contact the Digital Operations team at ACC
Request production access and create a production app
Once you've completed testing of your app in our compliance environment and want to put it into production, then you need to send an email requesting production access:
- Go to Contact the Digital Operations team at ACC.
- Complete the Name, Email and Message fields in the form.
- Select 'Request for production access' in the 'What are you contacting us about' field.
We'll contact you to discuss the process of getting your app into production as some Apps will require certain criteria and testing scenarios to be completed before this access can be approved.